The West Australian Football Commission (WAFC) is the peak Australian Rules Football body in Western Australia that plays a key leadership, governance and funding role to football throughout the State whilst also driving the overall development and growth of the game. The WAFC is a not for profit organisation that plays an important role in funding the on-going development of football in all communities.
The WAFC's vision is to connect and enhance WA communities through our great game. This will be underpinned by a focus on delivering against the core objectives of Engagement, Talent and Sustainability. WA Football is in an exciting period and we are now in the market for an experienced Finance Planning & Analysis Specialist to partner with Business Units to understand the financial drivers of the business to develop reliable financial forecasts and deliver quality reporting.
• Redesign and update the Management and Board reports
• Develop balanced scorecards
• Implement and embed the updated EMT and Fin Committee dashboard reports within required
• Detailed month end budget v actual analysis and commentary
• Revamp and roll out updated monthly benchmarking reports for the WAFL Clubs is collated and circulated in a timely manner
• Developing financial models for core business activities, to aid improved quality of financial forecasting
• Project manage the Budget process including organising Budget workshops, ensuring:
o Adherence to budget deadlines by the business
o Accuracy of data
o Preparation of the Budget Papers for EMT and Board reporting
• Provision of financial models, error free, by the due date and to the design specification
• Partner with Business Units to assist with financial models for inclusion in Business Cases
• Undertake financial analysis of operational results/strategies to ensure efficient utilisation of resources, identifying opportunities to improve financial results
To be considered for this position you will need to demonstrate the following essential criteria:
• Develop robust financial models and analysis to report and inform business decisions.
• Accounting/finance degree
• CPA/CA qualified or progress towards qualification
• Minimum 5 years work experience, preferably in the area of Management Accounting or
• Strong experience in working with third party planning and reporting software
• Superior Excel skills, including Power Pivot, Power Query, Power BI in order to build and add
to financial models
• Experience working in a small fast paced team that requires flexibility, collaboration and
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Ability to immediately engage and build rapport with a broad range of stakeholders including
both financial and non-financial managers and support staff
• Experience using an ERP, preferably Great Plains
All applicants will be required to present a current Police Clearance prior to commencement.
The role will be offered on a fixed term two year contract.
For a detailed position description and essential selection criteria please click here
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and resume online via SEEK.
Applications close Wednesday 12 December 2018.
The West Australian Football Commission is committed to equal opportunity in employment and the principles of diversity. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people with a disability and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.