Photo By Natalie Slade
Starting in 2007 the clubs will take a WAFL game to celebrate the wonderful talents Aboriginal players have bought to our Australian Rules game.
What is happening:
Friday 6th July
- TRIBUTE NIGHT - 400 people attending the tribute dinner to honour the eleven  "WA / AFL Indigenous Team of the Century" - Stephen Michael, Maurice Rioli, Nicky Winmar, Peter Matera, Jim Krakouer, Chris Lewis, Graham Farmer, Ted Kilmurray, Sidney Jackson, Barry Cable and Bill Dempsey;
- MC will be Ernie Dingo with special guests : Mary Gee, Mal Brown, John. K.Watts, Richard Walley, and Fred Penny.
- 5.00pm game - Kimberley Team vs Clontarf Football Academy;
- 7.30pm Colts game - South Fremantle FC vs Claremont FC.
Saturday 7th July
- 12noon - Lunch at South Fremantle Football Club function room;
- 10.30am - Reserves game - South Fremantle FC vs Claremont FC;
- 1.00pm - Indigenous Arts and Games Celebration on Fremantle Oval :
Ernie Dingo & Richard Walley to MC the following activities :
- Official Noongar Welcome
- Traditional Indigenous Walk to the Football
- Full Corroboree
- Spear Throwing Competition
- Backward / Sidewards Running Races
- Junior Clinics with Indigenous Champions
- 100 Guitars Spectacular - 3 songs played involving the whole crowd
- 2.15pm - League game - South Fremantle FC vs Claremont FC;
- 6.00pm - Presentation of Awards
· John Gerrovich / Michael Mitchell - "MARK OF THE DAY"
· Jim Krakouer / Brad Hardie - "GOAL OF THE DAY"
· Basil Campbell / Dale Kickett - "TACKLE OF THE DAY"
· Chris Lewis / Stephen Michael - "BEST ON GROUND"
· Jimmy Melbourne Cup -" Winning side on the day"
Jimmy Melbourne was the first aboriginal to play senior football in Australia. He commenced with West Perth 1900 and played for South Fremantle & Subiaco Football Clubs respectively in years to follow.
Sponsors & Partners
The South Fremantle & Claremont Football Clubs would like to acknowledge the following companies and organisations for their sponsorship of this event.
Healthway - "Respect Yourself Respect your Culture"
WA Football Commission
West Coast Eagles
Department Indigenous Affairs
Youth, Sport & Recreation
City of Fremantle
City of Melville